The Tail Wag: Pool is Open email for Memorial Day weekend

Every Sunday morning at 11am, The Tail Wag examines something that made me happy in the past week.

I am one of the lucky ones. My apartment building in Washington, D.C. has a pool. When I lived in Hartford, my place there had a pool. When I first moved back to D.C. in late 2011, my apartment did not have a pool and the summer of 2012 is a dark period of my life.

Here’s a simple piece of advice to anyone – live in an apartment building that has a pool. It usually does not cost any more to live in such a place and it is the best decision you will ever make.

The pool always opens on Memorial Day weekend and that meant this Tuesday, I got quite possibly my favorite email of the year – the one from my apartment building letting me know that the pool is opening.

It is tough to describe how much I love the pool. As you can tell from this blog, I write a lot. Maybe it’s the newspaper reporter in me, but I thoroughly enjoying lying out by the pool, listening to Panic at the Disco and thinking about life. I love closing my eyes and running through blog posts, story ideas and ledes in my head.

Especially after the winter we just had – one so bad that it completely obliterated spring – the pool and sunshine is desperately needed. 

Follow me on Twitter

Comments